Cohabitation/Living Together Agreement Package
A living together agreement is a contract setting out who owns what, in what proportions and lets you set out exactly how you will split your property, its contents, personal belongings, savings and other assets should the relationship break down. The agreement can also provide for what happens to your bank accounts, debts, and joint purchases. You can also include financial provision for any children that there may be.
The agreement can also set out how you and your partner will run the household finances during the relationship, such as how much each contributes towards rent or mortgage and bills. Another consideration maybe provision of life insurance.
A practical agreement can save a lot of heartache as well as money in the future. An agreement about how you are going to live together can be created sensibly at the beginning of your relationship, fairly and in the absence of the emotions that arise in the event of a breakdown.
What's included within the package?
This package is based upon the fact that you and your partner have agreed the basic principles of how you are going to manage your finances during the relationship and in the event of a breakdown.
- We will obtain instructions from you in order to prepare the agreement. If things you have agreed will simply not work in a legal sense, we shall advise you of this and help you seek an alternative solution. It may be that we have to help you agree the finer detail.
- We will highlight things you may wish to consider/add to your agreement
- Drafting the Living Together Agreement
- Advising you how to execute (sign) the agreement and your solicitor will sign the agreement to show you have had legal advice.
Legal Fees £750.00*
VAT (20%) £150.00
What's not included:-
- This package is only available if you have reached an agreement prior to instructing us.
- If you require advice as to what is the right agreement for you is, then you will need to consult one of our solicitors for more in depth advice and in which case work will be charged at an hourly rate and not on a package basis.
- * If the agreement is particularly complicated or contains numerous assets (in excess of £1 million) we will need to provide you a bespoke fixed fee/hourly rate charging.